How Do I Create More Leaders in My Greeting Card Business?
You may be wondering how this is going to work when you start a Network Marketing business with our Greeting Card and Gift company. This is a question that most everyone asks at some point in their network marketing business journey. And, it’s really a pretty simple answer that doesn’t require a whole lot from you, beyond the basic business principles.
If you haven’t read Seth Godin’s book – Tribes – it is a must read. Although it’s not written about Network Marketing, it could have been! As a leader, you are looking for your tribe, and your tribe is looking for you! Read it and you’ll better understand your role as a leader in your Network Marketing business!
First of all, no one really decides to become a leader because of something you do, or do not do. In fact, you have much less to do with the business of those who you sponsor than you think you do. Consider this – if you have decided to become a leader, is it because your sponsor is one? Is it because he/she encouraged you to be? Or is it more like you want more for yourself and you realize that the only way to have that is to step up and be a leader?
I’m guessing it is the latter – you want more, and you know that it is going to involve leadership on your part to get there.
So, here are those steps you can take consistently to make sure you are being a leader as you begin your business sending out cards, gifts and sharing this with others! From there, you watch for others in your organization who exhibit the same characteristics:
- Leaders take action – this means they are consistently talking to others about their business and products/services. This is first and foremost a business about opening your mouth to others! How many cards will you send out each day? Each week?
- Leaders are building a team (see above for how to get this started!)
- Leaders show up at events – this could be webinars; team calls; regional events and certainly, the company convention! (non-negotiable!)
- Leaders are dreamers – what are you dreaming about right now that your greeting card business will create? This is a step many skip and it is a dangerous one to skip!
- Leaders have a self development program in place at all times – they are never too busy to be improving themselves by reading, listening and attending!
- Leaders become successful first, and then lead the way for others (see #1 for the starting point!)
- Leaders are available to those on the team who want training, support and coaching.
From here, it becomes very simple. Make sure you are taking all of the action steps above. Make sure you are sending out cards each day to prospects, and from an appreciation perspective. Do not skip any of these steps.
Find those people who come into your organization, whether you sponsored them or not, who are taking action, sending out cards also, building the team and showing up at events. Reach out and make contact. Stay connected. Offer your support and training if they want it. Don’t push anyone who doesn’t want your leadership. They may not be your tribe, and that’s okay!
Your success is your own responsibility. Not your sponsor, not your upline. I’ve built successful businesses with a highly active sponsor and with an inactive sponsor. I’ve never let that stand in the way of my own success. You don’t want to fall into that trap either.
After all is said and done, leadership is about modeling the behavior you want others to duplicate. If you want your team sponsoring, you need to be sponsoring. If you want your team showing up at events, you need to be showing up at events.
The first person you lead will always be yourself!
If you think this would be helpful to others, “Tweet It” or “Like It” at the top of the page or “Share It” right below!
I would love to hear your feedback and comments. Let’s exchange ideas below. Just leave your thoughts/questions.