Are You Looking For the Shortcut to Success
Recently, my sponsor shared some powerful insights on a team call and I thought that they are important for everyone to know and understand, when you are evaluating a business, or actually building one! Here they are:
Everyone wants a shortcut. AND the good news is there are shortcuts. The bad news is they are not what most people think. A shortcut is not a mass marketing system that will sign up lots and lots of people for you. A shortcut is not an automatic sponsoring system that will eliminate the need to talk to people. What most people see as the long road is actually the short road.
A 15 minute conversation is way more valuable than blasting an e-mail out to 150 people that you don’t know. Three 15 minute conversations per day with people in your network helps to create the valuable relationships that can take your business to the next level.
1. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Keep a list of people to call every day just to ‘Check In’ – Call at least 3 people a day just to say ‘Hi’ and see how they are doing. (NOTE from Jackie: I have used technology as a powerful tool the last 11+ years, and my success has come from using the internet to generate the lead, and then immediately transitioning to a phone all or face to face meeting! No one wants to do business with a robot!)
2. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Spend 90% of your time connecting with people on a personal level face to face or over the phone and 10% of your time connecting with people using technology. (NOTE from Jackie: These are often called elevator calls, designed to “lift someone up! Try it!)
3. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Limit your time on Facebook to 15 minutes per day (I know that is hard for some, but it’s a must if you want to build a successful business). My only exception to this rule is if you want to ‘schedule’ 2 hours a week just to casually ‘chat’ with others that are online to see if you can advance your relationships. It’s live and real time which is a different experience than ‘posting’. Your goal is to eventually take it offline so that you can have real human contact. (NOTE from Jackie: I how to use technology tools effectively in 30 minutes to an hour a day! It’s part of your free training as a member of the team!)
4. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Limit your TV time (or eliminate it all together). Replace it with reading and listening to positive CD’s. You won’t miss anything. You’ll hear the important stuff from your friends. TV kills brain cells and books and CD’s strengthens them. (NOTE from Jackie: I did this in 1997, 3 years into my business. My income started growing and never stopped. I never went back and I am happier today!)
5. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Seek out to MEET people that do business with people that would do business with us. When they see our online greeting card system they get excited because the know so many people that could benefit from our program. Think about who does business with people that would do business with us? (NOTE from Jackie: In these challenging economic times, businesses are scrambling to find ways to retain customers and create referrals. We have the key! Share it and see what happens. We have a great script that is working; it’s yours as part of your team training once you are signed up!)
6. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Send way more cards out that appreciate others and less cards to market yourself. Go to your mailbox and pick up your mail. What do you keep and what do you throw away? What do you forget and what do you remember? (NOTE from Jackie: I have almost ever card I received from this company over the last 6 years!)
7. TRANSFORMATION TIP: Have fun with the business. Make your cards, colorful, social, active, vibrant and FUN. Make your meetings light and easy. Be someone that others want to be around.’ (NOTE from Jackie: People want to be where the fire, energy and excitement is. Create a fire with your excitement!)
Are you ready to be transformed and transform others?